Black Corporation Xerxes
Xerxes is an eight-voice polyphonic analog Synthesizer that features two discrete logic DCO’s per voice. Each DCO section offers four waveforms (triangle, saw, square, pulse), octave switch, transpose, oscillator PWM, PAM, ring mod, pulse width, and a volume knob. It offers an analog multimode filter (HP/BP/LP) as well as two LFO’s and 2 ADSR envelopes. Furthermore there is an analog BBD stereo chorus.
The synth is heavily inspired by the well-known Elka Synthex Synthesizer from the past but it is not a replica. It’s a completely new development that has many modern and clever new features. The interface was not taken from the vintage Synthex but is also heavily inspired without cloning it.
- 8-voice polyphonic analogue synthesizer
- 2 discrete logic DCOs per voice
- analogue HP/BP/LP filter
- 2 LFOs
- 2 ADSRs
- polyphonic velocity and aftertouch
- full MPE (MIDI polyphonic expression) support
- analogue BBD stereo chorus
- 4U rack size with detachable rack ears and wood side panels
- 10 preset banks (x128)