Doepfer MKE is an Universal Midi Keyboard Electronics to built custom-made Midi controllers that include a keyboard. Combining the MKE with our controller electronics Pocket Electronic, Dial Electronic, CTM64 or MTC64 allows the construction of an unique Midi controller that exactly meets the requirements of the user.
These units can be connected to MKE:
- Standard keyboard manufactured by FATAR/Italy with 2, 3, 4 or 5 octaves (keyboard types TP6, TP60...64, TP/7, TP/8 or TP/9, with velocity)
- Pitch bend wheel (special spring-loaded rotary potentiometer)
- Modulation wheel (special rotary potentiometer)
- Remark: Because of technical reasons only the single modulation wheels of our accessories list can be used in combination with MKE but not the modulation wheel set !
- Rotary or fader potentiometer for loudness/volume control (Midi CC#7)
- After touch sensor or socket for sustain switch or another potentiometer for any Midi controller
The MKE pc board has these controls available:
- 6 black rectangle momentary buttons (about 12 x 22 mm) with integrated LEDs (measures of the complete button area about 76 x 22 mm)
- 3-digit LED display (about 19 x 38 mm)
The 6 buttons are used to control these parameters:
- Midi channel 1...16
- Transpose (lowest note in octave intervals, 0-12-24-36-48-60)
- Program change 0...127
- Controller number 0...127 resp. After touch
- Up (increment of the value shown in the display)
- Down (decrement of the value shown in the display)
In addition one can select between dynamic and non-dynamic operation. In the non-dynamic mode the (fixed) velocity value can be adjusted. MKE has a non-volatile memory for the parameters Midi channel, transpose, program number, controller number and dynamic/non-dynamic mode. After the next power on the previous values are called up.
MKE is equipped with Midi In and Midi Out. The data appearing at the Midi in are merged to the data generated by the MKE. Consequently several MKE can be daisy-chained or combined with other OEM controllers (e.g. Pocket Electronic, Dial Electronic, CTM64 , MTC64) to built a custom-made Midi controller.
MKE is available only as an assembled and tested pc board. The pc board measures are about 71 mm (length) x 85 (width) x 45 mm (height). Four mounting holes with 3 mm diameter are available for mounting the pc board to a suitable base or front panel e.g. with distance sleeves or spacers and screws. We also offer keybeds and cable sets that are suitable for MKE.
Please specify the type of keyboard that has to be connected to MKE (2/3 or 4/5 octaves). This is necessary as the keyboards have different types of connectors. If no specifications are made the MKE is delivered in the 4/5 octave version. If you have no keyboard available we recommend to order the keyboard together with the MKE as in this case all components (MKE, keyboard, cable set) can be harmonized. The cables leading to the keyboards are not included and have to be ordered in addition. We do not offer a suitable housing as this would have to be completely different for various combinations of keyboards and controlling elements.
An external power supply (7-12VDC@min. 250mA) is used. The wall outlet power supply adapter for 230V mains voltage and European type mains plug is included with the MKE.
Electronic basic knowledge is required to install the MKE electronics and to connect the controlling elements. If you are not sure if your knowledge is sufficient please consult an expert. We cannot take back modules that have become defective because of wrong installation or wrong connection of the keyboards or controlling elements. We also cannot take back modules or cables which have been soldered by the user.