Module A-130-2 is composed of two identical voltage controlled amplifiers (VCA). Each VCA has a manual gain control (also named Initial Gain) and a control voltage input with attenuator. The character of the control scale can be switched to linear or exponential. All inputs and outputs are DC coupled. Consequently the VCAs can be used to process both audio and control voltages (e.g. for voltage control of the level of LFO or envelope signals). The signal input has no attenuator available but is capable to process up to 16Vpp signals (i.e. -8V...+8V) without distortion. For the processing of higher levels an external attenuator (e.g. A-183-1) is recommended.
The amplification range is 0...1. Even with a higher external control voltage the amplification remains at 1 (kind of "amplification clipping" at 1).
Controls (for each of both units):
- Gain: manual gain control (Initial Gain) in the range 0...1
- CV: attenuator for the CV input
- lin/exp: switches the VCA characteristic to linear or exponential, in center position the VCA is off (mute function)
Inputs and outputs (for each of both units):
- CV: control voltage input, min. +5V required for max. amplification (1) with CV control fully CW and Gain fully CCW
- In: signal input, max. 16Vpp (+8V...-8V) without distortion
- Out: signal output
A-130-2 is the slim version of module A-132-3 and offers essentially the same features. But the distances between the controls are smaller and rubberized small-sized knobs are used. In return the front panel has 4 HP only which is half the width of the A-132-3. The module is primarily planned for applications where only limited space is available.
Power consumption: 30mA at +12V and 30mA at -12V
Depth: 50mmHP : 4