Kick_Me is able to generate a wide array of classic to modern bass drum sounds. Its basic character is deliberately different from classic TR-X0X instruments. The module’s repertoire ranges from tight to brachial, roaring bass drums. Thanks to separate decay parameters and outputs for the actual kick and the sub-bass content, the assertiveness of sounds can be controlled very nicely. Additionally, the dual concept makes it very easy to process results of the Kick_Me via filters, distortion and modulation effects. Other control elements allow users to alter the attack, pitch and resonance of sounds. Furthermore, there is a clipping stage for more aggressive kicks.
Kick_Me is played via a trigger input. A linear CV channel allows external circuits to influence the pitch. Audio signals are emitted via two connectors:
- Output A: The actual kick drum
- Output B: Additional sub-bass content
Many of the module’s synthesis parameters influence each other. In detail, the following control elements are available:
- Pitch potentiometer: Controls the pitch.
- Beater potentiometer: For shaping the attack phase.
- Damp potentiometer: Controls the resonance strength of kick sounds.
- Decay potentiometer: Determines the length of the bass drums emitted by output A.
- Kick B potentiometer: Determines the length of the sub-bass content emitted by output B.
- Clip switch: Activates the clipping stage.