Dark Link is a Midi/USB-to-CV/Gate interface to control vintage monophonic synthesizers via Midi or USB.
Dark Link is nothing but the USB/Midi interface of the Dark Energy. It has available 4 analog control voltage outputs (CV1...4) and one Gate output.
- Gate Out (with LED for Gate display and learn function), 0/+5V
- CV1: controlled by Midi note messages, 1V/Octave, 0...+5V
- CV2: controlled by Midi pitch bend, ~ -2.5...+2.5V or ~ 0...+5V (can be selected by an internal jumper)
- CV3: controlled by Midi velocity, 0...+5V
- CV4: controlled by Midi control change messages, free assignale controller in learn mode - Glide control (portamento function for CV1)
- Midi channel, reference note and Midi control change number for CV4 are adjusted by means of a learn button and LED Dark Link is nothing but the interface of Dark Energy
These parts are included: one USB cable (type A-B), user's guide, power supply (12 AC/min. 400mA) for 230V mains voltage.
Powering the device via USB is not possible, because the analog circuits require a dual voltage (+/-12V). If you want to connect the Dark Link gate output to devices that use S-Trig a special S-Trig cable is available.